The Internet Security Operations and Intelligence (ISOI) conference was recently held close by, and I had the opportunity to go and listen to all the interesting topics. It was an invite only conference, held under the Chatham House Rule.
I can’t say much on the technical details, but here are a few interesting online resources.
- ipmap / IPv4 ipmap / IPv4 Heatmaps – Hilbert Curve viz for IP
- ourmon – Network monitoring system
- Emerging Threats – Public blacklist
- Malware Domain Blocklist
- Gulp – Full GigE packet logger for linux with no patches required
- Click Scientific – Online tool to determine if a typo domain is registered
Overall…I love the format of the conference, and many of the speakers were leaders in their field. But because of the amount of speakers in a 2 day span, I often felt that they could have provided more information, and answer more questions if given more time. I hope I get invited back next year, and they don’t freak out when they see my camera again :)
wow you go to a lot of conferences don’t you? going to ad:tech?
@msdanielle – i think this year ill set a personal record for the number of conferences i attend. so far i’ve been been to nine conferences, not including events, and will be going up to vancouver shortly for another one. i wonder if i’ll get burnt out on all the conferences. anyone want to take bets?