Ask the Experts – Large Site SEO
- Truncated rss feeds
- Protection from scrapers
- Given content is 500 words, 50-100 words excerpt is sweet spot
Super Affiliate Strategies that Work
- John Chow’s website started in Sept 2006, and 12 months later he makes 12k/month. Now he makes 30k/month.
- Amit – Selectively find a niche and build a site around it for the long term.
- Amit – PPC Landing pages – Only links are on the bottom in 10pt font, top has none.
- A keyword is a problem the person has, and the landing page is the solution. Describe and provide value.
- Trademarked terms – Lots of restriction on using them already.
- John Chow’s method of countering scrapers is to put ads on there so he still makes money from them.
- Amit – build a system so even if they scraped, they could only make a tiny percentage of what he normally makes.
- Make a little money from a bunch of small sites, and it all adds up
- Tons of money in social networks
- Amit – Best conversion rate – msn, yahoo, THEN google.
- For him, the target demographics is in msn.
- Google is more savvy users than msn/yahoo
- Not a lot of traffic, but good conversions.
- Each ad needs to be optimized for the position its in.
- Determine what days work and done
- Lower costs on dead times, max later
Tris and J. Botter both gave good recaps of this panel as well.